Jimi Hendrix played different effects in Studio including Fuzz, Octavia, Uni-Vibe´s, and allways was trying different things to create new an original sounds and this is why SABBADIUS created this new Chewy-Vibe Edition that is a sound replica of the RT-18 (Resly Tone).
The SABBADIUS Chewy-Vibe is the Mastermind Mode on the Limited Edition Mastermind Funky-Vibe relesead in 2021, is more kind a Pahse Shifter sound, the wave is rounder and juicy than a Uni-Vibe. The SABBADIUS 2023 Chewy-Vibe is equipped with NOS (New Old Stock) CdS Photocells an original 1970’s Japanese lamp bulb to give that “Chewy”classic tone of the RT-18 Resly Tone effect . The SABBADIUS Chewy-Vibe has more control in the SPEED knob that goes from really SLOW SPEEDS to crazyness FAST SPEEDS to hit all the parameters a SPEED knob needs to cover in this type of pedal.
The NOS (New Old Stock) CdS Photocells will increase the INTENSITY in all aspects and you are going to feel that wet, underwater, juicy swirling sound.
The transistors used here are the Matsushita 2sC828 for signal path and 2sC539 for the Pre-Amp section like in the original RT-18. The pedal features 3 knobs, which set VOLUME, INTENSITY, and SPEED. The SPEED Knob is on your right side allowing you to control the speed with your foot. It also features 2 footswitches: one of them activates the effect for True Bypass, the other one switch is the CANCEL function that allows you to use the pedal as a Pre-Amp, this means that you turn off the lamp bulb keeping a high impedance in the photocells that gives to the sound a wonderful Pre-Amp, in the Chewy-Vibe using it as a Pre-Amp you have 2 different Pre-Amps sounds, switching CHORUS mode will give you a nice Pre-Amp sound, but if you set the rocker switch in VIBRATO you will get a FAT BOOST that will blow your mind how BIG and FAT your guitar sound gonna be.
It has a hand painted soft Rocker switch with airbrush and enamel paint lacquered with gloss lacquer for a longer durability of the paint.
*The Chewy-Vibe is the sound of the RESLY TONE RT-18, you can hear this “liquid, juicy and Chewy” sound effect in a fast speed in the Jimi Hendrix and Larry Lee song called Mastermind in “West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology Album”.
CHORUS / VIBRATO Rocker Switch:
The RED/WHITE soft Rocker Switch is for you to set the CHORUS and VIBRATO Modes, when RED POSITION is DOWN activates the “CHORUS” MODE and when the WHITE POSITION IS DOWN you are in “VIBRATO” MODE.
The SABBADIUS Chewy-Vibe works with DC 18v-200mA power supply for better results, you can use DC 18v-100mA if you want too and will work just fine!.
* Red LED that pulse in the same way the Lamp Bulb interact inside the unit so you can “see the SPEED” of the effect.
* Volume: sets the output volume.
* Speed: sets the effect’s speed in either mode.
* Intensity: sets the effect’s intensity or depth.
* CHORUS – VIBRATO Mode ROCKER SWITCH: sets whether Chorus mode or Vibrato mode is activated.
* CANCEL Footswitch: activates the lamp Bulb to swirl the effect or turn off the lamp to use as a Pre-Amp like original Uni-Vibe’s does.
* TRUE BYPASS: Premium quality 3PDT True Bypass footswitch to turn the effect ON/OFF.
* INSTRUMENT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) input jack (Neutrik) for instruments.
* OUTPUT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Neutrik) for amplifiers or other effects.
* Soft Rocker Switch RED / WHITE: Hand painted with airbrush and lacquered with enamel paint with a glossy finish.
* 100% Hand Wired & Hand Weldings.
* 100% analog circuit.
* Material: Aluminium enclosure.
* Size: Length 144mm x Width 115mm x Height 60mm.(with knobs and jacks distances)
* Weight: 500grs. Aprox.
Since all Sabbadius products are completely manufactured and assembled by hand, they may have one or another scratch or chip on the paint, keep this in mind as some enclosures may have these small damages to the paint or cabinet, this does not mean that the product is broken or damaged since if the product leaves the Sabbadius laboratory it is because it works perfectly 100%, claims of this nature are not valid. Thank you very much for understanding.